I use my laptop for work. I also use my iPad for work, but also for play. If my laptop is to remain my primary computing device, it needs the following as soon as possible.
- It has to be lighter
- It needs to transfer less heat to my lap, despite heavy use
- It has to have a screen with a resolution of 200 PPI or better
- It needs to have lots of physical memory, but be responsive when swapping to disk
- It needs to run all my Windows apps
- I need to be able to develop on Mac OS X and Linux, besides Windows
You may be reading this and saying, you can go out and buy a MacBook Pro with retina display. You will be right, a MacBook Pro has in fact been declared the best Windows laptop. Now, I so wish I could pay for that at Brazilian prices.